Overview & Reviews
The Smart Fortwo gains new stereo and navigation options for 2012.
- Zippy around-town handling
- Surprisingly accommodating interior
- Fits in spaces others cannot
- Attention-getting style.
- Expensive compared to larger subcompacts
- Ill-suited for highway travel.
- Rough-shifting transmission
- Awkward floor-pivot brake pedal
User Reviews:Showing 1 through 1 of 1.00
Great little car!!! - 2012 Smart fortwo
By frugaldave1298 - July 9 - 8:17 pm
Got this as a commuter car for my wife's 13 mile commute. Only 400 miles so far, but last 2 fill ups have netted 43mpg (mostly hwy) and 39 (50/50). The good thing about these mpg numbers coming from someone who has had both a 2001 Honda INsight and 2007 Civic Hybrid...is that you DON'T have to try to get good mpg in this car. It just happens =) We have the Passion coupe with the wide wheels. Really though, this is a great 2nd car. You can drive it when you need to to save on gas and easier parking...and save your larger car for use only when needed. It makes perfect sense. Yeah, the transmission is a little funky, but you're used to it in no time, never feel underpowered, etc.